Every country and region offers food that they make better than anyone else. For the U.S., and particularly the South, BBQ is one of these unique offerings.
Though every cook uses their own seasonings, rubs, and sauces, there’s something universally special about a meal of barbequed meat and your favorite sides. Best of all, anyone can man the grill (or the oven) to create their own tasty BBQ.
For this week’s recipe, we’ve combined the flavors of smoky BBQ with the indulgence of stuffed chicken breasts. This quick and tasty meal will quickly become a family favorite. Be sure to give it a try and then let us know how you liked it in the comments!
Kansas City BBQ Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup Sour Cream
8 – 12 slices of Bacon (thin sliced)
1 cup Honey BBQ Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
3. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, and Kansas City Rub
4. Scoop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into the inside of each chicken breast.
5. Close the chicken breasts and press down the edges.
6. Wrap each breast with 2 to 3 pieces of bacon.
7. Top each chicken breast with the honey BBQ sauce.
8. Bake for 30 – 45 minutes. The cooking time depends on the size of the chicken breasts.
9. During the last few minutes, turn the oven to broil to help brown the bacon on the top of the chicken. Watch carefully, as the broiler works fast and can burn the chicken!
10. Remove from oven, turn over each chicken breast, and spoon the pan drippings over them.
11. Place back under the broiler to brown the bacon on the bottom of the chicken.