Can you feel it? The cool morning air, the light breezes, the slow shift from vibrant green to russet reds and oranges? Fall has come to 2016 and it’s time for pumpkins and apples to dominate the baking world!
Our recipe is the perfect food for a cool, sleepy fall morning. These Pumpkin Swirl muffins are the perfect blend of sweet and fluffy, the best way to start your day!
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 (15 oz) can Pumpkin
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 cup Oil
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese
1 Egg Yolk
1 package Simply Savory Creme Brulee Dip Mix
Turbinado Sugar, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°.
- Whisk the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, and baking soda until combined. Set the bowl aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
- Beat the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract into the pumpkin mixture.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, whisking until all lumps are gone.
- Fill a prepared muffin tin, each cup about 3/4 full.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add the egg yolk and Creme Brulee dip mix. Beat until combined.
- Add a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to the top of each muffin and swirl with a toothpick. Sprinkle each muffin with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. When you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean, the muffins are done.