Happy almost Halloween! As you and your kids hurry to find or make the finishing touches to their costumes, make some time to enjoy these delicious apple cupcakes with a caramel apple frosting!
These cupcakes can be a special after-school or after-dinner treat for your family or a dessert for a Halloween get-together. You might even want to have them on hand for the tired parents who will come to your door on Saturday.
However you choose to enjoy them, remember to have a safe and fun Halloween!
2 cups Apples, skin on, grated
2 cups Sugar
2 cups Water
1 cup Butter
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Nutmeg
1⁄2 tsp Ground Cloves
3 1⁄2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 package Simply Savory Caramel Apple Dip Mix
1 (8 oz.) package Cream Cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Put the grated apples, sugar, water, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves into a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cool; add flour and soda.
- Fill paper lined cupcake tins 2/3 full.
- Bake until cupcakes spring back when touched in the center.
- For the frosting, mix the Caramel Apple Dip Mix, cream cheese, and Cool Whip until blended. Refrigerate for 2 hours before frosting.
Note: If you plan to pipe your frosting with a piping bag, use the frosting without refrigerating, otherwise the frosting will be too stiff to push through the nozzle.