One of the best things about dip is its versatility. You can use sour cream and mayonnaise as your base, or mix it with hummus instead. Need seasoning or marinade for your meat? Use dip mix! Ice cream a little bland? Top it with a dessert dip!
Dip also gives you the freedom to choose your method of dipping. Use potato, pita, or tortilla chips, fruit, veggies, pretzels, or any other edible scoop depending on the occasion.
Some dips also lend themselves to heartier dipping foods, such as this Warm Skillet Bread and Spinach Parmesan dip combination. Make this warm, yeasty bread as the perfect addition to your savory Spinach Parmesan dip and watch as it disappears into hungry bellies!
Warm Skillet Bread and Spinach Parmesan
1 loaf Frozen Bread Dough, thawed
1 package Simply Savory Spinach Parmesan Dip Mix
1 (16 oz.) package Cream Cheese
Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Mix the Spinach Parmesan dip mix and cream cheese until blended. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut the bread dough into 16 equal pieces and pinch the edges of each piece together underneath, forming 16 individual balls of dough.
- Generously butter your skillet and use a bowl (or 1-inch high piece of aluminum foil) to make a 5 1/2 inch circle in the center of your skillet. Grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Place the dough balls along the inside edge of the skillet, fitting them all together, and butter generously. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes, or until puffy.
- Remove the bowl/foil from your skillet and completely fill the center with prepared Spinach Parmesan dip. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until rolls are golden and dip is bubbly. Optional: Put the oven on broil and sprinkle the rolls with 1/4 cup mozzarella, cooking until cheese is browned.
- Serve warm!