We’re excited to share another recipe sent in from one of our fans! James sent us this recipe for Sicilian White Bread through the Facebook page for our store, Farmhouse Provisions! Thanks for the delicious new recipe, James!
We know that not everyone has a bread machine, so we’ve also included a set of instructions that we’ve adapted to offer a by-hand method. Whichever you use, you’ll soon be enjoying the delicious and unmistakable scent of fresh-baked bread!
This bread offers a scrumptious Italian flavor that can be enjoyed in slices with some butter or as a side for your next pasta dinner. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!
Sicilian White Bread
2 1/4 cups White Flour
2 tbsp. Sugar
1 tbsp. Dry Milk
1 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Butter, melted
7/8 cup Water
1 tsp. Yeast
1 tbsp. Simply Savory Taste of Sicily Dip Mix
Bread Machine Directions
- Add all dry ingredients to the bread maker.
- Add liquid ingredients and close the lid.
- Put yeast in the yeast dispenser and press start.
- Let your bread machine work its magic for 4 hours, then enjoy!
By Hand Directions
- Combine yeast, warmed water, and sugar in a large bowl. Let it sit until the mixture foams, about five minutes.
- Add the dry milk, butter, Taste of Sicily Dip Mix, and 1 3/4 cups of flour. Mix together until smooth, then add the remaining flour until dough is stiff. If you have a stand mixer, you can use a dough hook for this step.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place dough into a lightly greased bowl and cover it with a clean dishtowel or plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm place and let the dough rise until it has doubled, about an hour.
- Punch the dough down to remove air bubbles and place in a greased loaf pan. Cover and allow it to rise until doubled, about an additional 30 minutes.
- While it rises, preheat your oven to 400°.
- Bake bread in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes. If the loaf starts overbrowning, cover the top with foil.