After one of the coldest Christmases on record, we’re ready for some tropical weather. Though it looks like we’ll have to hang onto our jackets for a bit longer, there’s one place we can go for the perfect tropical experience: the kitchen!
Florida Dreamsicle calls bright summer days to mind, using Florida orange juice and creamy vanilla ice cream flavors to banish winter chills. No matter the time of year, it is always the perfect choice.
If you’re in the mood for a tropical treat, use this dessert dip to make a delicious Florida Dreamsicle Tropical Fruit Pizza. This recipe is super easy to make. It’s also a great chance to get your kids involved! Let them pick the toppings, roll out the dough, and mix the “sauce” for a fun activity with a tasty reward!
Florida Dreamsicle Tropical Fruit Pizza
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz container Cool Whip, defrosted
20 oz can Crushed Pineapple, well drained
1 package Sugar Cookie Dough
Optional Topping Suggestions
Maraschino Cherries, well drained
Mandarin Oranges, well drained
- Mix together the softened cream cheese with the Simply Savory Florida Dreamsicle Dip Mix.
- Stir in the well-drained pineapple.
- Fold in the defrosted Cool Whip.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Break up cookie dough in pan, pressing dough evenly in bottom of pan to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 30 minutes.
- Once the crust is cooled, spread the Florida Dreamsicle mixture over the crust and add whatever fruit toppings you desire.