Imagine, you’ve made the ultimate loaded baked potato. It’s piled high with cheese, sour cream, bacon, and chives. But, as you eat it, you can’t fully enjoy all of these flavors together. One bite will be full of sour cream, while the next is mostly potato and cheese.
Even worse, all of your toppings are gone by the time you reach the end of the potato. Talk about disappointment.
If you’ve experienced these same frustrations, you’re gonna love this week’s recipe. Twice Baked Potatoes uses all the same ingredients but mixes them together to ensure the same delicious flavor in every bite. With the additional flavor from our Loaded Baked Potato dip mix, we take this recipe to the next level. Plus, by placing the mixture back into the potato skin shell, you’ll never have too much potato at the end of your meal.
Twice Baked Potatoes
4 large Baking Potatoes
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
1 ½ tbsp Milk
2 cups Sour Cream
1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup Green Onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the potatoes, then pierce them with a fork. Rub the potatoes with the olive oil and kosher salt. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes to one hour, or until done.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cut off the top one-third to one-half of each potato and set aside. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the inside flesh of the potatoes. Place the potato flesh in a bowl.
- Add the Loaded Baked Potato mix, milk and sour cream. Mix until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture back into the potato shells. Top each potato with shredded cheese. Return the potatoes to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with bacon and green onion.