Carrot cake is often a controversial dessert. For many, the poorly made desserts of their childhood create an undeserved dislike of this delicious treat.
Our Carrot Cake dip is a great way to discover the yumminess of this dessert. Even better, we’ve developed an easy way to replicate the flavors of carrot cake without having to deal with the complications of a traditional recipe.
Use our Carrot Cake Cupcake recipe below to introduce your family to a new favorite – one you can’t help but adore!
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
1 pkg. Yellow Cake Mix
1 cup Water
1/3 cup Oil
1 cup Sour Cream
Cream Cheese Frosting, optional
1/2 cup Butter, softened
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
4 cups Confectioners’ Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place all of the cupcake ingredients into a large bowl. Blend the ingredients with an electric mixer for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Place muffin liners into a standard size muffin tin. Pour batter into liners, filling only to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until done. Cupcakes are done when a toothpick is inserted into the middle and comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the cream cheese frosting. Beat butter and cream cheese together until well blended.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until creamy.
- Once the cupcakes are cooled, top them with the cream cheese frosting or enjoy them however you prefer!